H: St. Brigid’s Primary School Healthy Eating Policy
As part of their S.P.H.E. and S.E.S.E. programmes in school, the children learn all about the five food groups and the importance of eating a healthy balanced diet. We are in a very privileged position in St. Brigid’s as each child receives a healthy lunch from the school on a daily basis. At the beginning of the year the parents fill out the lunch form choosing from a wide range of snacks, fruits, sandwiches, wraps, pasta salads and much more. The choice varies from day to day and ensures there is something there to suit each child’s taste. The nutritious balanced lunch and snack reflects our policy of healthy eating which we believe helps to encourage healthy eating habits in the children.
The Main aims of St. Brigid’s Healthy Eating Policy are to:
- Promote nutrition awareness.
- Positively effect healthy eating among the children in our school.
- Raise levels of concentration within class through the consumption of healthy food.
- Support and encourage healthy eating habits in children, which is hoped will become lifelong habits.
- Protect the health and safety of children with known serious food allergies.
- Adhere strictly to the dietary requirements of Muslim and Hindu pupils.