Back to School September 2022
We hope you all had a lovely summer break! We are looking forward to welcoming the children back to school later this week. Please see below some important information.
All families should have now received a text from the school. If you have any further questions, please contact the office on 01-4547734.
Michelle Stedman, Principal
Please wear the full school uniform on the first day of school. P.E. will not be starting back for the first week.
1st September, 10:00am - 12:00pm (Parents/Guardians are welcome to come to the classroom for the first 20minutes)
2nd September - 9th September, 9:00am - 12:00pm.
From the 12th September on, the Junior Infants will be in for the full day from 9:00am - 1:40pm
Senior Infants: Normal school day from 1st September, 9:00am - 1:40pm.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Class: Normal school day from 1st September, 9:00 - 2:40pm.
Early Start: Start school on 2nd September. On the 2nd September the Morning Group will be in from 10:00am – 11:00am and the Afternoon Group will be in from 1:00pm – 2:00pm.
From the 5th September on, the Early Start children will be in for their full sessions.
Morning Group: 9:00am – 11:30am. Afternoon Group: 12:10pm – 2:40pm.
School will begin every day at 9:00am. We will continue to use a number of entrance and exit points to the school building.
Please drop and collect your children at their correct door.
Doors 1 + 2 are located at the main entrance and doors 3 + 4 are accessed via the avenue. Door 5 is the entrance to the annex building. All doors are clearly labelled.
Door No 1: Junior Infants Ms. Downey, 1st Class Ms. C Hayes, 4th Class Ms. Burke/Ms. Green
Door No 2: Junior Infants Ms. Fallon, 1st Class Ms. Murphy, 2nd Class Ms. Baynes
Door No 3: Senior Infants Ms. Gogarty, 3rd Class Ms. White, 3rd Class Mr. Crowe
Door No 4: Senior Infants Ms. Holian, 2nd Class Ms. Hayes, 5th Class Ms. Langan
Door No 5: 6th Class Ms. Guinan, Early Start: Fionuala and Jackie.
Other important information:
- If your child is already receiving the school lunch, this will continue from the first day back at school. You will have an opportunity to change it in the first few weeks. All new children will receive a snack/lunch on the first few days also and will receive a lunch choice form to bring home. Please pack a bottle of water and empty lunch box for your child on the first day of school. You can view our healthy eating policy here
- Mobile Phones: If your child is in 4th, 5th or 6th class and they need to bring their mobile phone to school. Please review our policy here.
- Our school calendar for the academic year 22/23 is attached to the end of this post.
- Please contact the school office if your child will be late starting the academic year.
- Breakfast Club we be back up and running at the end of September (more details to follow).