Return to School Update - March 2021
8th March 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
We are delighted to announce that we have now received confirmation that we can welcome back the remainder our our children on Monday, March 15th. We are really looking forward to seeing the girls from 3rd - 6th class.
Please see some important points below for those returning to school next Monday, March 15th:
- Please bring all of your children’s school books/copies etc back to school on Monday, in the box that they were given to you in by the school. It is important that we get these back asap as they will have to remain untouched and quarantined for 72hours before they can be used. Teachers will prepare lessons that don’t require these items for the first few days.
- Schoolbags and coats should be brought to school as normal. The children will receive their school lunch and milk as normal also. Please remember to give your child a beaker of water.
- Parents/Guardians will not have any access to the school building, all contact must happen over the phone.
- Face Masks must be worn by all Parents/Guardians when on school property and please observe social distancing measures at all times.
- You can drop your child to school any time between 8:50am – 9:20am and collection times remain the same as before Christmas. Please drop and collect your child on time and don’t congregate in the school yard.
- Please do not send your child to school if they are unwell or displaying any symptoms of Covid-19. If your child becomes unwell while they are in school, we will contact you to come and collect them straight away. Please check https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus/ for the latest public health advice.
- Homework – No copies/books will be sent home for now. This will be reviewed after Easter. Teachers will assign one Seesaw activity for homework (Tues, Wed and Thursday) to build upon an element of teaching that is being covered in the classroom that week.
- Class Bubbles and Pods will continue to be strictly maintained.
- A ‘Return to Education’ declaration form will need to be completed by all Parents/Guardians for each child before they return to school. We will provide you with some more information on this in the coming days.
- As always, our HSCL Geraldine Tuohy is available on 089-2535012 or firstname.lastname@example.org and you can contact me on email@example.com
- You can also find contact details for your child’s teacher here http://stbrigidsthecoombe.ie/teacher-contact-details
- We will continue to post regular updates on the school website and on our school Instagram page @stbrigidsthecoombe
- You can find a number of videos messages from public health doctors by following this link - https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/a04fc-advice-for-students-and-their-families/#health-advice-for-parents
- You can watch the animated, child friendly video below with your child also.
- Please review our amended Covid-19 Response Plan here - http://stbrigidsthecoombe.ie/su_media/documents/o_1evcphla91cqmp9gn77p5419pca.pdf
We look forward to seeing all of the children next week and we will work with you to support your children over the next few weeks as they settle back into school.
A 'Back to Education' Declaration Form will need to be signed by parents before a child can return to school. This can be done via Aladdin Connect from next Sunday, March 14th. Please contact Ger on 089-2535012 for more information.
UPDATE: Storytime - 11am every weekday on our YouTube Channel Media St. Brigid's for our younger children and 12pm for our older children.
Tune in to 'Read with Roisin' every weekday at 11am.
Tune in to 'Stories with Ms. Stedman' every weekday at 12pm.
Link to our YouTube Channel here - www.youtube.com/channel/
You can also click on it from our bio on Instagram. @stbrigidsthecoombe
If you miss any of the reading sessions, they will also be available to watch back on our YouTube Channel under 'Playlists.'